This is unpopular opinion, but I don’t think the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale deserves the hype. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the sale, Nordstrom offers a select number of new arrivals for fall at discounted prices before the season begins. It’s touted as the perfect time to get your autumn wardrobe taken care of and refresh your home before the next season. It all sounds great in theory, but it typically falls short. Many of the items available are lackluster basics that you probably already own some variation of and others are just ugly. (Seriously, I’d love to know who is buying a piano cheese set or decorating their home with a picture of puppy wearing a sunflower crown.) That said, there were five pieces in the home section this year that are worthy of consideration:
- Nautica Breakfast Pillow ($25.90): The geometric design on this pillow makes for a modern, versatile pillow to update your space. Plus, it comes with the insert!
- Kendra Scott Stone Slab Tray ($330.90): Nope, this isn’t cheap, but it’s totally worth it if you want a splurge-worthy statement piece for your bar cart or coffee table. It also comes in green-banded agate.
- American Atelier Latte Bowls ($19.90): Classic white ceramics are always in style.
- Crystal Art Gallery Coppertone Table Lamp ($59.90): Copper is quickly becoming the trendier alternative to brass. The sleek lines and slim profile of this lamp allow you to put it just about anywhere. New bedside lamps, perhaps?
- Surya Home Medora Laura Hand Stitched Rug (price varies): Calf hair adds dimension to the lattice design on this gorgeous rug.